Charlotte Trail of History & Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Present:
Trail of History Festival
A one-day, annual event celebrating the history, growth, & development of Mecklenburg County, featuring local History, Art, Music, and Food!
Saturday, April 8, 2023 | 10am – 4pm
Elizabeth Park on the Little Sugar Creek Greenway | 101 N Kings Drive, Charlotte, NC 28204
Learn about Mecklenburg County’s 260 years of history with activities for children, local historians and museum interpreters, historical art demonstrations, and tours of the bronze sculptures.
- Charlotte Museum of History
- President James K Polk State Historic Site
- Historic Rosedale
- Levine Museum of the New South
- Brooklyn Collective
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical society
- Meck Roots by Mecklenburg County
- Partners for Parks
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library – Carolina Room
- From One to Some
- Dan Nance Historical Art
- From Off the Work Bench: Historic Trades
Olde Mecklenburg Brewery will be serving beer in the biergarten
Live music by Tom Eure & Amelia Osborne
(Festival info updated regularly…check back for more!)
There are two small parking lots directly connected to Elizabeth Park. St. Mary’s Chapel and CPCC parking decks are across the street.